The most up to date information on Atlanta's non-profit artist cooperative. Typed by little gnomes.

Monday, July 30, 2007




Welp. The Sidewalk Sale was a smashing success. We raised major fundages for whatever we decide to buy. We were thinking of a Raku Kiln, or maybe a new sink. Or maybe we'll just let the money relax in our bank account for a minute or two.

One thing you might not know is that Gnomes and Fairies are cousins. Well, sort of. They're definitely related but they might not necessarily be cousins. See, I've been thinking about making a coloring book about Gnomes, and I while I was doing my research I came across this book by Doreen Virtue called "Healing with the Fairies."

Let me just be real here. Normally I would not be caught dead reading a book with ugly fonts on the cover. Which is exactly why I have systematically ignored all of Doreen Virtue's books, even though I've read just about every other author in metaphysical self-help genre.

But for the CCGW Coloring Book project, I knew the right thing to do was let go of my ego's ridiculous font requirements because what we want is a reliable source of information about gnomes and fairies. Doreen Virtue is respected far and wide for her knowledge of non-physical beings like Angels, Fairies and Spirit Guides. Being familiar with her fame and font choices, but not her actual work, I was curious to see what she'd say about the Fairies and Gnomes, and she did not disappoint.

Now that I have realized the error of my ways, I promise not to be such a superficial little bitch who goes around judging books by the fonts on the cover. Because you know what? This book actually had a lot of helpful and inspiring words. And when I looked at the cover again, I decided it's not so ugly after all.

Stay tuned for coloring book updates.

No comments: