The most up to date information on Atlanta's non-profit artist cooperative. Typed by little gnomes.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

BRACE YOURSELF.

Because I am about to wax on and on about my new favorite pottery success story: Jonathan Adler. Basically, he started out as a kid who learned pottery at summer camp, and now has 8 retail stores, a book, an interior design business, and is/was the lead judge on Bravo TV's "Top Design."

I first became aware of his work back in 2004 when I was shopping at the Dallas Museum of Art gift shop, where I was immediately drawn to the bold simple designs and unusual color combinations on his needlepoint pillowcases, which were definitely out of my price range at the time.

I Googled him when I got back from the museum, and found out he's really famous for his pottery, not his pillowcases, but then I totally forgot about him. until a few months ago when I needed a bedspread for my new apartment, and I saw the Jonathan Adler Happy Home line at Bed Bath and Beyond, and I could not resist.

I decided I wanted a sham to match, so I just went to his website to try to find one, where I read his story, and looked at more examples of his work.

Y'all. I love this man. This man is a HERO. Just look at his manifesto, and his bio. Not to mention his actual work...

www.jonathanadler.com


No comments: