The most up to date information on Atlanta's non-profit artist cooperative. Typed by little gnomes.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

This has absolutely nothing to do with pottery.




But The Gnomes wanted me to tell you that their new favorite movie is The Three Lives of Thomasina.

Somehow my sister remembered this being one of her favorite movies from childhood, and I didn't remember it at all. No wonder she's a vegan and I'm not. The whole movie is about animals and the healing power of love.

I don't have kids, but if I did, this is the exact movie I'd want them to watch. About 500 times. It has so many positive messages about respecting animals, being tolerant and non-judgemental, and even shows examples of kids playing outdoors. Which was on the verge of becoming extinct when I was growing up.

Thomasina is a Disney movie circa 1964 and features 2 of my favorite child actors. Remember Jane and Michael Banks from Mary Poppins? Thomasina is Jane Banks' orange cat. Pictured above is my orange friend Vincent Monroe, who moved to Las Vegas in 2003. He was my best friend and I miss him dearly.

The Thomasina DVD is available through the Fulton County Public Library system. Hint: return it on time, the late fees are a dollar a day on DVDs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey
what a nice kedi :)