The most up to date information on Atlanta's non-profit artist cooperative. Typed by little gnomes.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Refreshing Summer Beverage Ideas




I love Arnold Palmers. Alot. There are many different techniques to making a good Arnold Palmer, some people use sweet tea and powdered lemonade, some don't. but here are a few tidbits to consider:


1. Willy's in the Edgewood Shopping Center has really good lemonade, so I always go there if I'm in the mood for an Arnold Palmer to go.


2. I like to keep a stash of Arden's Garden Lemonade in my fridge so I can make my own fresh squeezed Arnold Palmer when the time comes.


3. Republic of Tea's Raspberry Quice black tea is THE JAM. With or without lemonade. It is hands down my favorite iced tea in the world. If I'm making a big batch, I will use one bag of plain black tea for every bag of Raspberry Quince, it smells and tastes freakin great.


4. Simply Lemonade, available at Publix and Kroger, is also good to have on hand. It comes in the clear plastic bottle with the green lid. Found in the refrigerated section with orange juice. Simply Limeade is perfect for mojitos and margaritas, too.


I like to take my Arnold Palmers with me to work, too. So I wash the Simply Lemonade containers in the dishwasher and fill them back up with a fresh batch to go.


Another beverage idea that I've been trying out this week is a Cranberry Cooler. I got these awesome Lavender Roiibos Gypsy teabags at Sevananda, and I added a tiny bit of honey while the tea was still hot, and then added a splash of Knudsen's unsweetened "Just Cranberry" juice, available at Whole Foods, Sevananda or Publix and Kroger in the Natural Foods section. It turns out to be such a beautiful color, and I love being the person at the office who walks around with a pink drink in a clear glass, instead of my usual can out of the vending machine.


I was at the studio this afternoon, and Jeanette has a fresh batch of Gnomes in the kiln. They'll be ready for adoption soon, so while you're hanging out on your patio this weekend, imagine how fun it would be if you had a little buddy in a red hat. Right by your side. That's what gnomes are for.


No comments: